Services Updates During COVID-19 Public Health Crisis

Cleveland Heights City Hall has closed to the public, but the work of your local government continues with some changes. Below is the way to contact our various departments and staff. Emergency services/first responders are fully operational and continue to look out for the safety of all our residents.

Police Department

Copies of Police Reports

Requests for copies of police reports can be emailed to, faxed to 216-291-2456 or phoned in to 216-291-4737. CHPD can email, fax or send by mail copies of reports as requested. All other public records requests should be directed to Law Department.

Parking Ticket Payments

Payments for parking tickets can be mailed to 40 Severance Circle, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118 or placed in the drop box located on City Hall’s circular drive. Credit card payments will be accepted over the phone by calling the Finance Department at 216-291-3414. Only Visa and Mastercard are accepted. Any questions about parking tickets can be directed to or by calling 216-291-3414.

Filing a Police Report/Report a Crime

Minor incidents or crimes can be reported online, through the Report A Crime page, by phone at 216-291-1234 or can be faxed to 216-381-4078. The following is a list of incidents or crimes that will be accepted:

  • Civil Matter
  • Criminal Mischief
  • Damage to Property
  • Damage to Vehicle
  • Fraud
  • Harassing Phone Calls
  • Identity Theft
  • Lost/Missing Property
  • Motor Vehicle Accidents – occurred on private property or those that involve little to no property damage, with no injuries, or that need to be reported for insurance purposes
  • Thefts of mail, bike, cell phone, or other similar property, or thefts that do not require follow-up and are being made for documentation purposes

Please file a report for general complaints about events occurring in the past and reports for prior incidents that have occurred. The report forms can be accessed on the Report A Crime page.

The online form can be downloaded to your computer.  Once complete, the form should be emailed to The report will be reviewed by a supervisor and assigned an incident number, which will be provided to the person filing the report. If additional follow-up is needed, an officer will contact the person directly either by email or phone. To request a copy of a police report, please email

Please call the Police Department directly at 216-321-1234 if a problem or incident is currently occurring.

Citizens can also contact Dispatch at 216-291-4987 and request to speak with an officer about an incident or crime.

Citizens with questions as to whether their concerns can be resolved without having to come to the Police Department or have an officer come to their home, are encouraged to contact the Police Department directly at 216-291-4619 or email us at

Fire Department

  • Fire and EMS calls are not disrupted during this time.
  • Business and home inspection, which are handled by Fire Prevention, are temporarily suspended during the COVID-19 crisis. To schedule future inspections, call 216-291-2973 or email
  • The distribution of smoke detectors is also temporarily suspended. To schedule future pickup of smoke detectors, call 216-291-2673 or email

Public Works

Bulk Drop off has been discontinued.

Bulk Pick-Up 
Bulk items will be picked up once per month during the first FULL week of each month on your regular trash day. Bulk will be limited to four items per pick-up. If you have more than four items or you need bulk pick up on a day that is not your regularly scheduled day, you can call to schedule a special pick up for a fee. Call 216-691-7300 to arrange your special pick up. For item preparation please visit the Bulk Pickup page.

Director - Collette Clinkscale, 216-291-2209 or email or 

Public Works Dispatch - Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm

Dispatcher Howard Bucklan – 216-691-7300 or for the following services:

  • Refuse & Recycling Collection including Yard waste (April through November)
  • Street Maintenance – Potholes (Streets/Parking Lots), Spring Leaf Collection, Snow/Ice Control
  • Forestry – Schedule Tree Trimming and/or Removal, Tree Planting

Visit for more information.

Visit to create a service request.

Utilities - Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm 

Commissioner Anthony Ferrone - 216-291-5995 or the general number at 216-291-5990 or email at or for the following services:

  • Reporting of Sewer Maintenance issues in the Roadway
  • Residential Sewer Cleaning and Location services (Outside Only from Test Tee – if present)
  • Sewer and/or Landfill billing questions

Visit for more information.

Visit to create a service request.

Utility Payments can be made at or Pay by phone at 1-877-885-7968.

Capital Projects - Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm 

Assistant Public Works Director Joe Kickel – 216-291-2470 or email for the following services:

  • Traffic Sign or Signal issues
  • Pavement Markings
  • Street Resurfacing and Sealing Projects
  • ADA Curb Ramp Projects

Visit for more information.

Visit to create a service request.

Housing Department

The Housing and Building Department offices are now open to the public with social distancing and mask requirements.  All Housing Department applications and payments can be submitted via our Online Portal at

Building Department applications, permits, contractor registrations, and payments will soon be available through our Online Portal.

Interior inspections on occupied properties have resumed and will be requesting that the Cuyahoga County Board of Health recommendations to wear masks on indoor settings and maintain proper social distancing be followed for any scheduled interior inspection.

For additional convenience, the City will continue to review any photos and receipts for work performed to determine if compliance can be granted for any re-inspection.    Documentation can be mailed, dropped off at the City Hall drop box, emailed to individual staff members, or emailed to

Anyone requesting an inspection, including Point of Sale must download the forms from the City’s Form’s Page and send the form either by using the City Hall drop box in the circular drive or by mail with the accompanying payment to City Hall and then an inspection will be scheduled. For more info and forms please visit the Point of Sale Inspections page.

Call 216-291-5900 if you have specific questions

Cleveland Heights Municipal Court

The Cleveland Heights Municipal Court has issued a temporary order in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public health crisis, effective immediately. To read the entire Temporary Order, go to

All appearances and hearings are limited to attorneys, defendants, victims, and litigants in proceedings or anyone making payments to the Court. Individuals who do not have business before the Court will not be permitted in the courthouse.

For more information please visit

Building Department

  • Anyone requesting a permit must download the forms from the City’s website and send the form either by using the City Hall drop box in the circular drive or by mail with payment. Once the permit is issued and the work is completed, staff will coordinate a FaceTime or Skype session in order to close out /finalize the permit.
  • All new construction interiors that are unoccupied will be inspected as usual.
  • Occupied construction will only close out interior permit work with a FaceTime or a Skype session.
  • Building permit forms are available at  
  • Call 216-291-4900 if you have specific questions.

Community Services Department

For information about Indigent Burials or Domestic Partner Registry forms please call Community Relations at 216-291-2323 or email

Economic Development 

The Economic Development Department provides assistance to businesses and residents for a variety of programs and initiatives related to development in the City. Please refer to the Economic Development webpage for information related to business development, real estate development, business incentives, Grow Tax Savings Program (tax abatement), and the Caledonia Park Opportunity Zone.

For assistance with any of the programs or projects listed on the website, or other development related inquiries, Economic Development staff are available via phone and email. Please contact Brian Anderson, Business Development Manager at 216-291-2617 for assistance.

Additional Frequently Visited Economic Development Links:


  • Cashier window - CLOSED. 
  • Payments may be mailed to City Hall or placed in the Drop Box in front of City Hall for the following:
    • Parking Fines
    • Parking Permits
    • Utilities
    • Housing Permits
    • Building Permits
    • Registrations

Law Department

  • Public records requests – Call 216-291-4314 or email
  • Prosecution questions - Call 216-291-5775
  • Legal issues – Call 216-291-4314
  • Claims – Call 216-291-4314

Parks and Recreation Department

Please visit for the current hours of operation.

Planning Department

For questions or more information please call 216-291-4878.

R.I.T.A. Income Tax

Online only at