Large & / Or Bulk Items
BULK PICK UP REMINDER: Bulk items are picked up once per month during the first FULL week of each month on your regular trash day; Monday-Friday is defined as a full week.
Bulk pick-up is limited to four items per pick-up at no charge. All bulk pick-up items that are fabric must be wrapped in plastic.
For additional bulk items, to request collection on any other day, or to request a special collection of loose brush, please use the Bulk Pickup Request form online. Cost is $10 per bulk item for a special pick-up:
When / Where to Place Items
Put the items out on your tree lawn no earlier than 7 p.m. the evening before your regular collection day, but before 7 a.m. on your regular collection day.
Types of Items Collected
- Large Pieces of Furniture
Doors must be removed from all appliances and the item placed flat on the ground in a manner that prevents children or pets from climbing in or becoming locked inside before placing it outside for collection.
- Any fabric item must be wrapped in plastic.
- Carpeting and padding must be neatly rolled or folded and placed on the tree lawn.
- Furniture in good condition may be donated to organizations - call the Recycling Office at 216-691-7300 for a list of charities.
- Glass products and items with sharp edges must be placed in puncture-resistant containers (for example, coffee cans, 2-liter bottles, heavy boxes) before putting them in the plastic refuse bag.
- Large boxes and crates must be flattened and tied.
- Tires must be separated from their rims.
If you have more than four items or you need bulk pick up on a day that is not your regularly scheduled day, you can call to schedule a special pick up for a fee. The fee is $10 per item paid in advance up to a maximum of 10 items.Please fill out the Bulk Pickup Request Form to arrange your special pick up.
Fines for Violation
If refuse of any type is set out prior to the regular collection day with no arrangement made with the Public Works Department, a fine may be imposed for a violation of City Ordinances.