Halloween In The Heights
Neighborhood Trick or Treat - Monday, October 31, 6:00-8:00 pm.
Trick or Treating Safety Tips
- To ensure safety, a parent or guardian should accompany young children on neighborhood rounds.
- For additional safety, carry a flashlight. Make sure costumes are safe, fire proof and with eye holes (if wearing masks) large enough to allow good peripheral vision.
- Only go to houses with porch lights on and never enter the home of a stranger.
- No treats should be eaten until they are thoroughly checked by an adult at home.
- Never consume unwrapped food items or open beverages that may be offered.
- For those distributing candy, eliminate tripping hazards on your porch and walkway. Check for flowerpots, low tree limbs, support wires or garden hoses.
- Also, if you plan on distributing candy, make sure your porch light is on.