My neighbors have frequent loud parties that are a disturbance. What should I do?

The City has a noise ordinance that prohibits unreasonably loud or disturbing noise by voice, musical instrument, amplification, television, car, etc. between the hours of 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. If noise gets too loud from a neighboring property, you may wish to ask your neighbors, if you feel comfortable doing so, to lower their music, voices, etc. If, after speaking to them, the noise level does not improve, or, if you feel you cannot speak to them, call the Police Department non-emergency number at 216-321-1234 while the party/loud noise is in progress. Sometimes the noise stops before the police arrive. If loud noise from a neighboring property is an ongoing problem, call Community Relations at 216-291-2323. A letter will be sent to your neighbors asking them to call Community Relations to discuss the problem. In an emergency situation, of course, call 911.

Show All Answers

1. As a new homeowner, how can I find out more about the city?
2. Are there any home and garden tours in the City?
3. What kinds of events in the City require a permit?
4. When is Arbor Day celebrated?
5. Does the City have a Memorial Day ceremony?
6. Is a permit needed for a garage sale? What about estate or liquidation sales; is a permit necessary for those as well?
7. My neighbors have frequent loud parties that are a disturbance. What should I do?
8. I am having problems with my neighbor; how can the City help?
9. My organization/class would like a tour of City Hall. What is the procedure?
10. Our street is having a block party. Who do I call to have our street blocked off?